Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cleaning out the Closet

After much deliberation and urging from my parents, I had to get a storage unit to store all of my toys. The habit of buying stuff to re sell at a later date is all fun and games, but where do you store it? For the past decade or so, that was my parents' home. Much to their dismay, boxes of my purchases are always getting shipped there. So to be fair I moved all my stuff to storage unit.

This was a very scary proposition. If any of you have watched Storage Wars or Auction Hunters...I am super paranoid about my unit getting sold. There is a ton of valuable stuff and I have two credit cards on file just in case. I posted some pictures so you can see that I have a shit ton of stuff. All good stuff, but WAY too much. I got the unit back in Summer of 2011. Fast forward 6 months, and it is time to think about buying a house and I need to SELL stuff to make a down payment.

This is generally how ALL collectors lose their collections. They buy the things they love and care about, but then the real world comes by and slaps you across the face and you have to "sell" your most prized possessions. In my case, I want to buy a house. Other people have kids, medical issues, need a car, college, etc...so as much as I love hoarding, i mean collection, it is long over due to start cleaning out my "closet"...





As I post things for sale on ebay, Ill link it here and Ill update to show what the final sale price is vs what I paid for it. I have some really cool random stuff that you would never believe is as valuable as it is. Hope someone other than me gets a kick out of this, but if not, when Im old, at least I can come back here for a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment